Top 6 tips for Black Friday shopping
Black Friday has arrived with its discounts. Learn how to avoid fraud on the craziest shopping day of the year.Black Friday has arrived and with it discounts, promotions and crazy prices! But are they that good? We give you 6 tips not to be raving and make even the best purchases.
1. Make a listThe first point is to be organized and make a list of what you want to buy. Failure to do so will risk losing yourself in the Black Friday madness and buying things you don't need that might not even be at such a good price.
You can even make a priority list by putting the essentials you really want to buy first, and letting go of what you will only buy if it is a really good opportunity. We advise you to do this at least one month in advance so that you can complete step 2.
2. BudgetIn addition to the list you also need to set a budget. And divide it by the priority list and the second list we talked about in the previous step. If you live in an area where you feel safe and comfortable doing so (and we are not talking about large sums of money), carry the money in your wallet for what you have set. That way there will be no temptations! If you don't feel safe doing so, set the budget and ... a lot of willpower to stick to it!
3. Keep an eye....or two!The truth is not always what it seems! With your shopping list it is important to keep track of the prices of the products you want to buy. In the past companies have raised prices in the weeks before Black Friday and then make promotions that, in fact, are not that super.
With this notion you can already compare with a real idea of the value of what you will buy. This is especially useful when we are talking about items of higher value or the ones you will buy in bulk (and where discounts will make a big difference in the wallet!)
4. Product InfoConfirm that the product really matches what you want. Avoid comparing "garlic” to “shrimps". A low price may seem great, but in reality the product/service may not have the characteristics you want. It’s important to compare things that are really comparable.
5. Purchase and Return PoliciesRead and view both the purchase and return conditions. This can also be a factor to consider when buying. In household goods, for example, it may make sense to value longer warranty periods and easier returns, rather than just the lowest price.
If you make a purchase online also compare shipping costs - what counts is the total amount you will pay. Also be careful about the data you share - make sure that any confidential data like credit card numbers is being requested through an official and secure connection.
6. What feedback have they got?Search online for feedback on the store or brand you are buying. Today, with all the information online, it's easy to search for feedback and see reviews. Be careful anyway: it is not a negative opinion that makes everything bad, or the other way around.
On the other hand, this is a way to prevent fraud. Speaking of online, if you are on a site with fantastic prices and opportunities but searching the web you find nothing: no social networks, feedback, tax data, ... Suspect on that! It’s better to choose another place, or else the cheap may get expensive!
Are you also a fan of enjoying Cyber Monday? So we also help you to make purchases safely.